Monday, May 31, 2010

The Happiness Project

I am currently reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. There is also a blog that I am following now. Although the special one-year project is a concept that I think is very stale at this point, I like Gretchen, and I relate to her and her efforts to live a better life.

I think I would like to launch my own Happiness Project, but I'm not sure yet what form it will take. So far, I've been reading and journaling, and I've come up with a list of things that are important to my happiness:

  • Health
  • Family, Friends, Love (connection to others)
  • Purpose and Principles
  • Order and Cleanliness
  • Reading, Learning, and Thinking
  • Nature
  • (good) Food and Drink
  • Beauty
  • Creativity
  • Gratitude
  • Spirit and Mindfulness
  • Connection, Attachment, a feeling of Roots

Where will I go with this? We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the nice mention of my book, The Happiness Project, here! I very much appreciate those kind words and you shinning a spotlight on my work!! Thanks and best wishes,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete